|Title||WINGS2VISION CHAPTER 2 2018-19|
|Venue||Keshavrao Ghaisas Auditorium, PTVA’s Institute of Management, Chitrakar Ketkar Marg, Vile Parle (E), Mumbai 400057|
|Date||20th February 2019 to 23rd February 2019|
|Co-Partner||Union Bank of India|
|Media Partner||Maharashtra Times (Print Partner) and ABP Majha (Broadcast Partner)|
|Organization Committee||Dr. Sucheta Pawar, Head COEI Ms. Ridhima Mahabal, Ms. Seeora Pinto and Student Organizing Team of PTVAIM|
Wings2Vision is the flagship event of PTVAIM’s Centre of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (COEI). Wings2Vision is a training based business plan competition which was held for the first time in year 2017-18 but only for students of PTVA. The success enjoyed by Wings2Vision then encouraged the team to conduct it this year too but on a much larger scale.
- Undergraduate and post graduate students from colleges across Mumbai were encouraged to send their business plans, the registration and idea form for which was available on COEI website; www.coei.in; from 5th January, 2019 to 22nd January, 2019. Total 74 ideas were received from various colleges. Maximum ideas were from M.L.Dahanukar College of Commerce.
Pre-screening of the ideas was done COEI team and 54 ideas were shortlisted. The shortlisted participants were given a one day intensive training on ‘How to build a business plan’ completely from the competition perspective. This training workshop was organized on 29th January, 2019 in Keshavrao Ghaisas Auditorium.
Following sessions were taken by following facilitators
How to develop an idea into sustainable business plan Dr. Sucheta Pawar, Head – COEI Budgeting the business idea Dr. CA. Ameya Tanawade
Visiting faculty at PTVAIM and Welingkar Institute of Management and CMA Sarvottam Rege, BFM Co-ordinator, M.L.Dahanukar College.
Company formation & Intellectual Property Rights Mr. Pratik Kanitkar
Managing Partner, Kanitkar’s Advisory LLP &; Kanitkars Strategic Consultants LLP.
Building your brand & Marketing Strategy Ms. Ridhima Mahabal
Faculty Co-ordinator, COEI
Post the training workshop; the participants were given co-ordinates of faculty mentors who they could contact to get personalized hand holding in the process of developing their plans better. These mentors were faculty persons from M.L.Dahanukar College, Sathaye College, Mulund College of Commerce and PTVA’s Institute of Management. These faculty mentors have had industry experience in their field of expertise. Following are the faculty mentors
Name Role College/ Company Name Dr. Sucheta Pawar Overall Mentor PTVAIM Ms. Ridhima Mahabal Overall Mentor PTVAIM Mr. Sarvottam Rege Finance mentor M.L.Dahanukar College Mrs. Shivani Naik Marketing and Branding Mentor M.L.Dahanukar College Mrs. Shamal Parab I.T Mentor M.L.Dahanukar College Mr. Swapnil Shenvi Law and Legal Issues M.L.Dahanukar College Mrs. Viji Kannan Overall Mentor Mulund College of Commerce Dr. Shilpa Jadhav Pure Sciences Mentor Sathaye College Mr. Bhushan Bagwe I.T and Technology Mentor MTC ECOM Pvt Ltd
The first level panel round for participants was held on 20th February, 2019. The teams were divided into different domains based on the nature of their idea. Total 8 domain based panels consisting of 3 panellists each were created. The panel rounds started at 10am in PTVAIM campus and ended by 2 pm. Total 39 ideas were presented. Some teams dropped out last minute due to varied reasons such as lack of confidence, preparation, other emergencies etc. the panellists were renowned stalwarts in their particular fields. Following is the list of first level panellists
SR. NO NAME Profile 1 Mr. Chandan Bagwe Founder and Managing Director of C Com Digital 2 Mr. Krishnakumar Devnally Director at “mPower Solutions” 3 Mr. Mandar Mhatre Co-founder at Fintech, Co-founder of Fat Cat Consulting & Media 4 CA Sushrut Chitale Partner in Mukund M Chitale and Co. 5 Mr. Abhishek Poddar Director at Banyan Tree Growth Capital 6 Mr. Vikrant Potnis Member of Core Management team of SP-TBI 7 Mr. Viral Thakkar Director at NxtGen Datacenter & Cloud Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 8 Mr. Manoj Sathe Vice-President at NSDL 9 Mr. Rohit Dabholkar Founder of Value-Sutra business consulting LLP 10 Ms. Jyoti Deshpande Founder of Jyoti’s Permaculture, Specialist & Agri-Researcher 11 Mr. Pratik Kanitkar Managing Partner Of Kanitkars Advisory LLP & Kanitkars Strategic Consultants LLP 12 Mr. Amit Godse Director, M/S. Asmita Consultants Pvt. Ltd. 13 Mr. Abhimanyu Saha Experience Commerce- Director-Strategy & Planning 14 Dr. Abhang Prabhu Founder, Abhang Prabhu Tutorials 15 Mr. Devavrat Kamat Owner, Madras Café and Cornucopia 16 Mr. Vinod Dhulap Founder, Sharp Facility Management Pvt Ltd 17 Mr. Pawan Sawant Middle & senior level management; Telecom, Petrochemicals & Information Technology sectors 18 CA Jaideep Barve advisor & consultant at Jaideep Barve Associates. 19 Ms. Mrudula Barve Founder, O-pandit.com 20 Mr. Karan Thakkar Founder and Manager, EcoCentric Management Pvt. Ltd 21 Ms. Manimala Hazarika Founder & CEO of Mums ‘n’ Babies - a Healthcare start-up 22 Mr. Sanjay Pawar Founder, Proxima Exports 23 Dr. Ikshvaku Kansara Former Procurement Manager at Unilever India 24 Mr. Saurabh Karandikar User Experience Analyst & Designer
Each panel recommended 1 to 2 teams from the ones they analysed. Finally 9 teams reached the final round. Following teams and ideas reached the final round
TEAM NO. IDEA T-7 An app based aggregator, where coaching classes for all things from academics to sports to arts can be found. T-13 App that gives caption to the photo & hash-tag through visual recognition technology & machine learning algorithm FA-3 Reversible garments for women. Good fabric clothes for women that can be worn on both sides. EA-2 Day care centre for senior citizen. F-3 Breeding and export of kadaknath chicken. Good quality broiler supplied at tier 2 and 1 cities and towns. /td> S-3 Coaching classes for students from standard 5 to 12 focused on strengthening their basics. Especially for underprivileged children. Coaching at available reasonable prices. S-16 A link between large retailers and costumers, 1-2 retailers will be chosen to get products and delivery will be made as per day orders so that consumers can get their ordered product within 24 hrs. Suitable for 2 tier cities. USP will be reach for the retailers and speed of delivery for the consumers. Commission will be taken from retailers for no. of sales procured for them. S-21 Creating a de-hydration machine that will help create de-hydrated foods that also retain fibres and nutrients from the food. T-6 Doing tie ups with ola, uber, autos etc. to make intra-city deliveries within 24 hrs.
The grand finale was held on 23rd February, 2019 in PTVAIM campus at 9 am. The final panellists were:
SR.NO NAME PROFILE 1 Mr. Ajit Deshmukh MD- Equirus Capital 2 Mr. Madhav Nene Senior General Manager of Marketing- Mahindra and Mahindra 3 Mr. Abhaya Hota Consultant- Swift India Pvt Ltd & (former head of National Payment Association)
- The final panel round started at 9.30 am and ended at 1.30 pm. The final panellists recommended three teams as the final winners which would be declared during the prize distribution ceremony later in the evening.
- The Prize Distribution Ceremony was held on 23rd February, 2019 at 5 pm at Keshavrao Ghaisas Auditorium. Mr. Nitin Potdar, Senior Corporate Lawyer and Mergers and Acquisitions Partner at J.Sagar Associates and Founder and Director of Maxplore School of Business and Mr. Anay Joglekar, Journalist, Political Analyst and Former Political Affairs and Social Projects Officer, Israeli Consulate Mumbai; were the guests of honour for the function. The function was graced by several imminent personalities such as Mr. Reddy, General Manager, Union Bank (co-partner), representatives of Maharashtra Times and ABP Majha who covered the event (co-partners) and Board Members of Parle Tilak Vidyalaya Association Hon. Vice President Solicitor Jog, Hon. Secretary Mr. Dilip Pethe, Hon. Director Dr. Snehalata Deshmukh and Hon. Director CA Mukund Chitale, the final 9 teams, faculty mentors, first level panellists, students and PTVAIM teaching and non-teaching staff members and students.
The emcee for the function was Ms. Ridhima Mahabal. At the outset, the gathering was address by Dr. Snehalata Deshmukh; Former Vice Chancellor, University of Mumbai. Dr. Sucheta Pawar, Head-COEI explained the philosophy behind Wings2Vision and COEI’s vision. the guests of honour were introduced and were welcomed with a token of appreciation. Mr. Anay Joglekar was welcomed by Hon. Secretary of PTVA, Mr. Dilip Pethe and Mr. Nitin Potdar was welcomed by Hon. Vice President PTVA, Solicitor Jog. The top three prize winners were then declared and felicitated by the guests of honour, Mr. Reddy, PTVA board members, Dr. Harish Kumar S. Purohit Director, PTVAIM, Dr. Tejashree Deshmukh Dean-Academics PTVAIM and Dr. Sucheta Pawar. Following teams won the top three prizes of Rs. 1 Lakh, Rs. 75 thousand and Rs. 50 thousand respectively.
TEAM NO. and NAME COLLEGE NAME AWARDED IDEA T-13: Mr. Aditya Shridhar Sardar Patel Institute of Technology 1st prize App that gives caption to the photo & hash-tag through visual recognition technology & machine learning algorithm S-3: Ms. Bhoomi Harsora Narsee Monji College of Commerce 2nd Prize Doing tie ups with ola, uber, autos etc. to make intra-city deliveries within 24 hrs. T-6: Mr.Suraj Karjavkar, Ms. Dipali Kokare Ms. Samiksha Bhave M.L.Dahanukar College
3rd Prize Coaching classes for students from standard 5 to 12 focused on strengthening their basics. Especially for underprivileged children. Coaching at available reasonable prices.
- The guests also felicitated all the student heads and volunteers of Wings2Vision student organizing committee who worked tirelessly for over 2 months to bring the program to fruition.
- After the prize distribution the guests shared their views and message with the audience. Mr. Anay Joglekar spoke about the digital revolution and how it has connected the world. He also elucidated how digital mediums can become a modern access to building businesses and taking them international. Mr. Nitin Potdar spoke about the importance of failure. He also discussed the work he has himself done in building entrepreneurial spirit and culture among school children and the penetration he has gained in Maharashtra for the same.
- The vote of thanks was delivered by Dr. Tejashree Deshmukh; Dean Academics, PTVAIM. The competition concluded on a note of hearty success.