PTVAIM's COEI should be a leading incubation facility in India which stimulates entrepreneurial culture spirit of innovation and fosters development of start-ups as well as SME's
- To provide a platform for nurturing sustainable entrepreneurial ventures and imbibe entrepreneurial spirit among students of PTVA family and eventually the society
- To create state of art infrastructural setup and provide best possible support and guidance to members of the centre
- To build a bridge between ideation and actualization of business and develop job creators
PTVA’s Institute of Management has created an eco-system to foster innovations and entrepreneurship. Incubation centre and other initiatives are the part of this eco-system. Centre of Entrepreneurship & Innovation (COEI) was established in 2015-16.
- A boot camp was facilitated by Dr. Kaustubh Dhargalkar for students with business ideas in association with NEN.
- A session on “Ideation & Creative Thinking” was conducted for the First Year students of the Institute and it led to 6-7 business ideas developed by the students. “Sanskar Puzzle’ was an outcome of one such idea developed by first year MMS student Mr. Mitesh Chalmela, which received a good response during Ganesh Festival at different places in Mumbai. Mitesh secured 2nd Position (at Pan India level) with Silver Medal in WE SCHOOL INNOVATION AWARD at 28th AIMS CONVENTION - 2016 held at Ranchi University for his product.
- A one day National Level conference on the topic, ‘Be a job creator…..not a job seeker’ - from the perspective of start-up India was organised on Saturday January 21, 2017.The conference proceedings consisted of three sessions, all were panel discussions through which 12 industry experts; Mr. Harish Mehata, MD, Onward Technologies, Mr. Rajiv Vaishnav, Head Reliance Generation Next., Mr. Ravi Tyagi, MD & CEO, SIDBI Venture Capital to name a few; shared their knowledge with participants related to risks & opportunities of business, funding opportunities as well as existing start up eco system. About 120 young students of different institutes participated in the conference. At the same many more across the country could watch the conference proceeding through ‘live web telecast’ done by Reliance Jio.
- Post conference, counselling of in-house students with business ideas was started by two in-house faculty members, Director and one industry expert.
- COEI organized a training based Business Plan Competition titled ‘Wings 2 Vision’, from September 2017 to January 2018 for current undergraduate and post graduate students of the colleges and institute run by Parle Tilak Vidyalaya Association (PTVA).
- 100 students participated in it. After the first screening, 55 candidates i.e. 27 business ideas were selected. These candidates were given rigorous training and hand holding. The training consisted of two days ‘Entrepreneurship Development Workshop‘ conducted on 9th & 10th January where eight industry experts had interactive session with the participants. The participants were also given personalized hand holding by trained faculty mentors. Post workshop the competition was held in two rounds on 12th & 13th January, 2018. Three winners were chosen and cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 75 thousand and Rs. 50 thousand respectively and Rs. 10 thousand was given to the fourth team as a prize of appreciation. This prize money acted as a seed fund for the winning teams.
- Post Wings2Vision, COEI continued hand-holding of seven business ideas which had reached till Final round of Wings2Vision, by setting up incubation centre in the month of February 2018. Infrastructure of incubation centre was created with the work station space for 5 teams and extended space for 7 teams. At present 4 teams are working with the incubation centre.
- The calendar of upcoming events is varied and full, notable activities such as Wings2Vision 2018-19 (Chapter 2), Entrepreneurship Development Program, Pre-Incubation Program and several workshops and guest lectures by eminent experts shall be conducted.