- Usage of Cell phone(s)/Laptop(s)/ Bag(s) is / are not allowed inside Library.
- Consumption of food items or drinks (except water) are not allowed inside Library.
- Pin-drop silence and maintaining library decorum is mandatory.
- Any damage to Library Property will be dealt with disciplinary action.
- Maximum 3 Books/ study materials are issued against 3 Library Cards to every student for 15 days. After 15 days of the issuance, the borrower of the books/study material has to return or get it re-issued for another 15 days (only 1 reissue is allowed). Rs.5 per day fine will be charged, if books/ study material is not returned back within the allowed issuance period.
- Books/ study materials can be re-issued on phone (only once) to students.
- If issued Books / study materials etc. are lost, students are required to inform library counter immediately to avoid levying further fines and follow the guidelines related to replacement cost along with the fine on pro-rata basis.
- If Library Card(s) is/are Lost, Duplicate Library Card(s) shall be issued on payment of duplicate Library Card charges.
8.30 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. (Monday to Saturday, during lecture days and examination period)
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Sunday)
- Issue and returns of Learning Resources (Primarily Books).
- Attending the Users’ query for effective interpretation of library rules and regulations
- Registration of new Members and issue of library Card for Users.
- Assisting the users in locating documents in the library.
- 3 books per student can be issued. (During Examination period 4 books issued)
- Fine of Rs 5 per day for overdue of books.
The librarian at P.T.V.A’s Institute of Management is here to connect you to the information you need. We offer many services in order to meet the information needs of a variety of different patrons, whether you are a student, researcher, a staff member. We can help you to locate materials in our collections, use a variety of reference books, databases, and assist you in formulating effective search strategies to streamline your research.The Library maintains a separate reference collection consisting of encyclopaedias, dictionaries, handbooks, bibliographies, CDs, Management films, NPTEL DVDs etc.
The P.T.V.A’s Institute of Management Library and Information Resource Centre offers inter-library loan service to its users for the books and periodicals not available in the Library by procuring them from other libraries. Our Library has the membership with American Library.
The library takes an active part in the orientation program organized by the institute for the benefit of student in the beginning of academic year. They are taken around the library to familiarize them with various resources and services available for them. Training session are also organized whenever a new product or service is introduced.
Library staff directs the students for searching articles, data etc. from e- journal databases.
Web – OPAC service is very useful for students for getting current status of particular book in Library.
P.T.V.A’s Institute of Management LIRC provides Library Visitor facility to surrounding community users by providing library space.
- Open access to users
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Multimedia Facility
- Rich Collection of Management and General Books with Barcode Tag
- Seating chairs
- Photocopy and Scanning Facility
|Total Number of Titles in Library||2964|
|Total Number of Books in Library||9829|
|Total Number of Journals||51|
|E – Books Subscribed through ProQuest||More than 20000|
|E-Journals subscribed through J-Gate and ProQuest||10696|
|Total Number of Cd’s with Books||525|
|Project Reports (Hard Copies)||381|
|Project Reports (Soft Copies)||520|