- Objectives & Guidelines
- Our Team
- Registration Form
- Swami Vivekananda
Welfare of the society is in women's empowerment. Women Empowerment has been traditionally seen as a function of protective laws, reformed traditions, emancipated mind set and supportive police/judiciary. However, Women Empowerment is creation of suitable environment for women to feel free and confident to take personal as well as professional decisions, related to their family, education, career or wealth creation. Women Empowerment had always been a challenging issue for India. Though over the period of time, a lot of improvement is seen in socio economic status of Indian women, there are huge amount of regional disparities. Often it is seen that women themselves, are not aware of their rights and submit to the exploitation. The situation will be improved only when women are educated and informed about their rights. In addition to education, financial security and financial independence plays vital role in woman empowerment and thus financial literacy of women is most significant issue that needs to be addressed. It is crucial for women to be aware of their wealth, income and its dispensation to achieve equality in socio-cultural environment. Unfortunately, the level of financial literacy in the society in general and amongst women in particular, is considerably low. Consequently, even the most educated women are found to be lacking in the understanding of their own or their family’s resources. It is important that various dimensions of this issue be empirically and deductively discerned, the government intervention in this issue looked at and suitable future course of action be charted. This is the motivation for us to propose a one-day conference, which would exclusively focus on the level of financial awareness of the women and possible means to improve them.
- To understand level of financial literacy amongst various sections of women
- To analyze financial awareness vis-à-vis socio-cultural equality
- To review government initiatives taken to encourage financial literacy in women
- To understand level of financial literacy among women entrepreneur
- To explore the activities which may promote feminine interest in finance
- To gauge women understanding with respect to career avenues
- To comprehend usage of technology in undertaking financial transactions by women.
The conference invites unpublished, empirical, high quality research papers / scholarly articles from. Academicians, Research Scholars, Entrepreneurs and students on the theme of conference.
- Financial Literacy - Women's attitude and behaviour
- My money, My life - Young Woman's approach
- Women and Finances - Is there a Gender Bias?
- Financial Literacy - working women and homemakers
- Empowering women through financial literacy - Realities and Resources
- Financial Literacy and Education - Inspire women to take charge of their finances
- Financial Women - Smart Investor.
- Financial literacy among woman entrepreneurs.
- Financial literacy in Rural Women
- Financial literacy in Urban Women
- Role of women in contemporary society
- Shaping the future by female leaders in business
- Household spending and women
- Women in Finance
- Women in Human Resource
- Women in Marketing
- Digital Transactions and women
Prior registration for conference is required. For registration, please download the form from Website and mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
All the authors of the paper should register for the conference and at least one author should present the paper. Papers in absentia will not be accepted.
- Covering Page : Should contain Title of the paper, Main Author & co-author’s details (Name, Designation, Name of Organization, Official or personal address, contact numbers and E-mail address)
- Abstract : Should be limited to 250 words. It should include in brief – objectives, research questions, methodology, main findings and key words.
- Empirical research papers/ conceptual papers/ scholarly articles/ case studies: Paper should be in Arial Font in 11 point size, Margin 1.5 inch in all four sides, line spacing 1.5 and should not be more than 2000 words. Both abstract and full text paper should be mailed in the softcopy on the conference Email id: email@example.com
- Each research article will go through a plagiarism check and articles with similarity report of less than 20 % only will be accepted.
- For all types of articles, data needs to be recent most and authentic.
- Articles must be aligned to the objective of the article as well as objectives of the conference.
- In case of case study, the case study should be supported by required data and the case need to be concluded.
First Prize - ₹ 15,000/-
Second Prize - ₹ 10,000/-
Third Prize - ₹ 5,000/-
Selected papers will be published in a book with ISBN number
|Dates to Remember for Research Paper Contributors|
|Research paper contributors can send abstract and full length paper together and mail||March 20th, 2018|
|Last Date of registration for : Participants as well as research paper contributors|
Selected papers will be presented in concurrent session
(Former Chairwoman of the State Bank of India)
(Chairperson, Maharashtra State Commission for Women)
Session 1: Women Empowerment and Financial Awareness
Session 2: Women Entrepreneurs and Financial Aspects
Mr Abhishek Deokule : +91 99670 16980
Ms Dolly Shah: +91 88505 34947
Ms Nupur Kothari: +91 99204 61007
- Mr. Mohan Tanksale – Former CMD – Central Bank of India & Former Chief Executive of Indian Bank’s Association
- CA Ajit Joshi – HOD Finance, PTVA’s Institute of Management.
|Conference Chair||Dr. Harish Kumar S. Purohit (Director)|
|Conference Convener||CA. Rajul Murudkar (Asst. Professor)|
|Conference Co-Convener||Dr. Tejashree Deshmukh (Dean-Academics and Associate Professor)
Mrs. Sucheta Pawar (Asst. Professor)
|9.30 am to 10.00 am||Registration and breakfast|
|10.00 am to 11.30 am||
Chief Guest - Ms. Arundhati Bhattacharya
Guest of Honour - Ms. Vijaya Rahatkar
|11.30 am to 11.45 am||Tea break|
|11.45 am to 1.15 pm||
Panel Discussion 1 - Women Empowerment and Financial Awareness
Moderator - Ms. Shefali Sadhu, Associate Senior producer at Star Majha
|1.15 pm to 2.15 pm||Lunch break|
|2.15 pm to 3.45 pm||
Panel Discussion 2 - Women Entrepreneurs and Financial Aspects
Moderator - Ms. Aparna Padgaonkar, Creative Director at Dashami Creations
|3.45 pm to 4.00 pm||Tea break|
|4.00 pm to 4.30 pm||Valedictory|