Students Satisfaction Survey (SSS) was conducted for the Academic Year 2019-20 and responses from the students enrolled during that period were recorded online. The questionnaire has been framed based on NAAC guidelines for Students’ Satisfaction Survey. The survey questions were to be responded on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest). The summary is displayed on the college website for the reference of all stakeholders.
|Question No.||Criteria||Average Rating(on a scale of 1 to 5)|
|1||What percentage of syllabus was completed in the class?||4.93|
|2||Were the teachers well prepared for the classes?||4.78|
|3||Were the teachers able to communicate well?||4.86|
|4||The following word/s best describes the teachers approach to teaching||4.53|
|5||Internal assessments done by the teachers were||4.83|
|6||Did the teachers discuss your performance with respect to the assignments with you?||4.34|
|7||Internships field visits/industrial visits are certainly promoted in the Institute.||3.9|
|8||The teaching and mentoring process in our institution facilitates me in cognitive social and emotional growth.||4.5|
|9||The institution provides ample opportunities for the students to learn and grow.||4.67|
|10||The expected competencies course outcomes and programme outcomes are clearly communicated to us by the teachers.||4.74|
|11||A follow-up with an assigned task to me is done by my mentor||4.59|
|12||The concepts are well explained through examples and applications by the teachers.||4.78|
|13||Identification of students strengths and giving them challenging assignments accordingly is done in our institute||4.41|
|14||Identification of students weaknesses and various coping mechanisms are encouraged in the Institute||4.33|
|15||Feedback from the students with respect to monitoring review and continuous quality improvement of the teaching learning process is taken regularly||4.64|
|16||The teachers use student centric methods such as experiential learning participative learning and problem-solving methodologies for improving learning experiences||4.59|
|17||The Institute encourages me to participate in extracurricular activities.||4.6|
|18||Efforts are made by the Institute to inculcate soft skills life skills and employability skills to make students ready for the corporate world||4.57|
|19||ICT tools such as LCD projector Multimedia etc. while teaching is used by what percentage of teachers?||4.74|
|20||The overall quality of teaching-learning process in our institute is very good||4.74|
Key strengths identified by the students that have helped them grow:
- The Institute managed the transition from physical sessions to online sessions very smoothly and effectively.
- Teachers provide necessary support to students and are willing to go beyond the academic requirements. They provide and guide students to take up internship opportunities and gain experience.
- All faculty members, including our Director are supportive and teach in a friendly manner, and explain the different aspects of problem solving.
- Mock interviews conducted with panellists from the Alumni and Industry is a great initiative by the Placement Team.
- Motivational sessions along with regular educational sessions have helped the overall development of the students.
- The Computer Centre and Library are well-equipped. There is a wide variety of journals and reading material available.
- Certificate courses in Equity Derivatives and Research Analysis were an opportunity to learn something which was industry oriented.
- Guest lectures from industry experts and seniors who have passed-out, addedto the learning. Interactive sessions especially with seniors give an insight to the professional environment.
- The mentor – mentee program has benefitted all kind of students. The Institute follows-up with the weaker students of the batch.
- Session with industry students help students understand the need and expectation of the industry.
- The orientation program was an excellent experience, and was the right mix of fun and information.
The students have also expressed some suggestions which could enhance the overall experience of students in the Institute:
- More workshops can be conducted to stimulate management skills in a real – life scenarios.
- More student interaction activities could be initiated.
- Career counselling sessions could be included as part of the curriculum.
- Subjects such as HR Analytics can also be introduced as part of the curriculum.
- Institute should encourage more students to participate in college functions and events.
- More industrial visits, visits to industrial exhibitions, and workshops should be organized.
- Printed study material should be provided by the teaching staff.
- Apart from Mock Interviews, the Institute should also have industry oriented quiz, competitions, group discussions and related activities.
- Students from the Three Year Part Time MBA programs have lesser options for interaction with the rest of the students in the Institute.
- The students feel that the focus after the 3rd Semester is lesser towards academics.