Report of the meeting held at PTVAIM with Consul General of Israel Mr.Ya’akov Finkelstein on Wednesday, 10th April 2019, from 4:15 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Members of PTVA board and PTVA’s Institute of Management’s staff were privileged to host a meeting with Mr.Ya’akov Finkelstein, Consul General; Consulate General of Israel, Mumbai on Wednesday, 10th April 2019. This meeting was arranged to understand any possible tie-ups with Israel and to inform them of the work PTVAIM is doing for furthering entrepreneurship from their Centre of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. This meeting was facilitated by Mr. Anay Joglekar, journalist and former member of the Israeli consulate in Mumbai.
Upon his arrival, Mr. Ya’akov Finkelstein was welcomed by Dr. Snehalata Deshmukh, Board member of PTVA, Dr. Harish Kumar Purohit, Director of PTVAIM and Dr. Sucheta Pawar, Head, COEI. The meeting was held in Room no. 207. A welcome speech was given by Ms. Ridhima Mahabal ; Faculty Co-ordinator COEI. Saplings and gifts given by Dr. Snehalata Deshmukh to Mr.Ya’akov Finkelstein and Mr. Anay Joglekar. Dr. Sucheta Pawar gave a comprehensive presentation to the consul general on PTVA, PTVAIM & COEI, the Achievements and managerial functioning of the PTVA, she also spoke about the reason for establishing COEI and the steps taken for it and since its inception. She also discussed the projects undertaken by OEI and their prospective plans and tie-ups and partner institutions.
Following aspects of a possible tie-ups with Israel and Israeli Institutions was discussed in the form of :
- Visit to Israel Consulate in Mumbai as a first step.
- Paid/ Unpaid projects/ internships in India based Israeli companies for students of PTVAIM
- Exchange Programs in the area of Entrepreneurial Development and other areas of interests of students.
- Joint Courses in the area of entrepreneurship and research
- Post-doctoral research opportunities for faculty members
- International Conference hosted by PTVAIM in the area of sustainable
Farming systems : A platform to share Israel’s and India’s farming innovations
- Possible collaborations in the field of Agriculture.
- Scholarship programmes for Indian Students in Israel.
- Training programmes for Professors from India, in Israel.
- Collaborated learning programmes between India and Israel, benefiting both the Countries
The Consul General responded very favourable to all the ideas stated above and promised to surely help build a good nexus between the Consulate and PTVAIM. He spoke especially of Mashav program for teachers and urged everyone to consider applying for the same.
Mr. Ya’akov Finkelsteing then visited the Incubation Centre and took a look at the business models of a few Incubatees ; he also interacted with the Interns and appreciated the efforts taken by the COEI.
The meeting came to a fruitful end Mr. Finkelstein also got to interact for a while with CA Shri Anil Ganu, President, PTVA as well as other board members such as Mr. Dilip Pethe, Secretary, PTVA, CA Mukund Chitale, Member of the board and Dr. Snehalata Deshmukh member of the board.
- Mr. Ya’akov Finkelstein, Consul General, Consulate General of Israel, Mumbai.
- Shri. Mohan Tanksale, Former CMD, Central Bank Of India & Former Chief Executive Of Indian Bank’s Association
- Mr. Anay Joglekar, Journalist and former member of the Israeli consulate in Mumbai.
- Dr. Smt. Snehalata Deshmukh, Member, PTVA Board of Directors
- CA Shri Mukund Chitale, Member, PTVA Board of Directors
- Dr. Harish Kumar S. Purohit, Director, PTVAIM
- Dr. Tejashree Deshmukh, Dean Academics, PTVAIM
- Dr. Sucheta Pawar, Head, COEI
- Ms. Ridhima Mahabal, Faculty co-ordinator, COEI
- Ms. Seeora Pinto, Non-teaching co-ordinator, COEI